Dallas Concert Cut Short by FireJuly 9, 2011 \
R&B star Rihanna’s Dallas concert was cut short Friday night by a fire. The show at the American Airlines Center went off without a hitch until a light high above the singer caught fire.
Rihanna, dressed in a floor length canary-colored gown with bejeweled black and white neckline, quickly exited stage left as sparks fell to the floor.
Many fans who were lucky enough to score front-row tickets quickly started to move toward the exits. Shortly thereafter, smoke started to fill the arena, the lights came on, and sirens began to go off. Fans cheered when the fire was put out, but concert-goers were evacuated from the AAC. Dallas Fire-Rescue said it received calls saying the curtains and part of the stagework caught fire, but the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.
Right after the accident, Rihanna tweeted her Dallas fans.
“DALLAS!!! We set the stage on FYAH tonight!!! LITERALLY!!! I’m so pissed, I was havin so much fun wit yall too!!! I gotta come back man!!”
“DALLAS yall CRAY!!! Love this fuckin place! Glad u guys are safe!!! I promise I’ll be back!!! #MoFYAH”
“Heading into a production meeting to find out exactly what happened!!! Keep u posted #LOUDtourDALLAS”