Rihanna’s Planned 21st Birthday Bash CancelledFebruary 10, 2009 \
Rihanna is reported to have canceled her planned 21st birthday bash, which was initially slated to be held on February 20 in New York City. The cancellation is made in the wake of Internet reports claiming she is the alleged victim in Chris Brown’s felony battery case. E! Online’s Marc Malkin says the Barbadian singer’s music label had been putting together ideas for the birthday party for about a month. The festivity was planned to have a carnival theme with various “sideshow” attractions, a source claimed. There were about 200 people to be invited. Moreover, Ciroc vodka had been planning to sign on as the leading sponsor. Organizers for the party “were talking about it being at Gotham Hall, but I don’t think it was definite just yet,” the source said. However, Rihanna’s music label has decided to call off the plan out of concern for her and boyfriend Chris as they become the subjects of media publication due to LAPD’s investigation on Chris being involved in alleged domestic violence felony battery incident.