Rihanna made her Paris fashion week debut with a show for her Spring 2017 Fenty x Puma collection. Set against the ornate backdrop of the Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild, Rih’s second Puma offering was a tongue-in-cheek take on Marie Antoinette—if Marie Antoinette was the coolest girl on the block.
With the help of models like Imaan Hammam and Slick Woods, the superstar sent out streetwear with high fashion twists, all grounded with her fawned-over Puma kicks. While you wait for Chioma Nnadi’s review of the collection, get the shorthand version of events from Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week debut here.
1. Rihanna turned the salons of the Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild into a wonderland complete with chandeliers lying on the ground and a maze-like runway that wound in and out of the hotel particulier’s many rooms.
2. Imaan Hammam opened the show in a transparent, Pepto-pink parka that was trimmed in ruffles. She carried a Puma-branded fan and wore a full neck of jewelry, a doo-rag, and a baseball cap.
3. From there the show cycled through a variety of pink looks—the most dramatic being the bow-front number on Slick Woods—before turning to an army green palette that included jumpsuits and a memorable hoodie with a bra top affixed to its front.
4. Corsets were a big story at Fenty x Puma, with models wearing them over dresses, as part of sweatshirts, or on their own with bra tops.
5. Superfans will be wondering: What about the shoes? There were creeper-soled boots, stiletto mules, and proper pumps with shoelace trim at the front for girly girls who want to nod to sports culture without getting their feet wet.
6. Many of the models in the show carried diamond rings in their mouths. How better to propose to a gal?
7. After the models took their final walk, Rihanna came out in head to toe pink, making sure to stop in each of the salon’s many rooms and bless her guests with a photo op. If the big smile on her face is any indication, we’d say she’s pretty happy with the outcome of this collection.
Source: Vogue Magazine